Thursday, June 24, 2010

Starting over chapter 07

Chapter seven
Ben held the door for Meg and she went inside. She stood still on the top of the stairs and looked around “This looks great Ben” she smiled at him “Thanks, took quite some work to get it the way I wanted it, it was a really run down building” he took her hand “Come on, there’s someone I’d like you to meet” they went down the stairs and over to the bar “Hi Boss, when did you come back” the bartender said “Hi Mark” Ben answered “This morning, sorry I haven’t checked in with you before, but Derek surprised me with a wedding so it’s been crazy all day” Mark laughed “Typical Derek, but it’s nice to see you’re back. I almost thought you had gotten held up in Europe due to those ash clouds” “Thank God I didn’t” Ben turned towards Meg “Meg, this is Mark, he’s the best bartender in town, but his mine so don’t go around thinking you could steal him to the hotel” Meg shook Mark’s hand over the bar “Meg Cummings, it’s me and my sister that’s rebuilding the old hotel by the beach that Ben’s talking about” “Nice to meet you Meg” Mark said with a smile “I need to check a few things in my office, why don’t you stay here and have a drink?” Ben suggested “Ok” Meg turned towards Mark “I’ll have a glass of wine please… white” “One white coming up” he took out a glass and turned around to get the bottle. Ben quickly kissed Meg’s cheek and left. “So” Mark said as he put the wine in front of Meg “How do you know Ben and how come you’re dressed up like you were his date to this wedding?” “You ask and awful lot of questions” she smiled “But I will answer them as well as I can. I met Ben on my vacation, but I didn’t know we were living in the same town, not until I had yelled at his brother for marrying my sister and that’s why I’m dressed up” “You yelled at Derek for marrying your sister?” “Yes, I thought he was Ben and when Ben turned up… well that’s another story” “Seems like an intense day” Mark said “It sure was, and it’s still a bit strange. I can’t believe my sister is married” She got a dreamy look in her eyes “A penny for your thoughts” Mark said and Meg smiled at him “I was just thinking how nice the day turned out” “And that was pretty nice by the look on your face” Mark said and picked up the phone as it rang “Sure I will” Mark hung up “It was Ben, he said to tell you to go upstairs” Mark nodded towards some stairs in the back “He’s got his office over there”

Meg knocked on Ben’s door “Come in” he answered “It’s just me” Meg said when she popped her head in and saw Ben get up from behind his desk. He came over and gave her a long hug “Oh Meg” he bent his head and kissed her like he had the night before when they thought it was the last time ever “I’ve missed you, I never thought I’d see you ever again” he said when they parted “Me neither” Meg looked straight into his eyes “I was so angry with you when I saw Derek, I didn’t know you were twins” “Sorry I left that out” Ben held her close “Well who knew we’d meet again” Meg said “But we did, and you really scared me there for a few minutes when you fainted” Meg kissed his cheek “Sorry about that, it had been a lot going on and seeing two of you… well it got to be too much” “But you’re ok now” “Yes I am, it’s been a lovely day although as I said to Mark downstairs I can’t believe my sister is married” “Me neither, I mean I can’t believe Derek ever was going to find a girl to settle down with” Meg looked up at Ben “And what about yourself?” “What do you mean?” Ben asked “Ever thought about settling down?” “Not until recently, but then I lost her” “What would you do if you ever found her again?” Meg asked curiously “I’d ask her to start over with me” Ben answered “And if she said yes to starting over” Ben lowered his head so his lips were just above hers “Then I’d kiss her” Meg put her hands on Ben’s face and whispered “Yes”
___________________________________________________________________________
All connections to Sunset Beach and real life characters are purely for your pleasure.
©tinadolphin@comhem.se 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment