Monday, June 21, 2010

Starting over chapter 04

Chapter four

“I thought you were going to treat me to lunch” Sarah said as she laid satisfied in Derek’s arms. “Well… “he grinned “it was my plan, but you’ve got a strange way of changing my plans” he kissed her. “Actually I’ve got the lunch in the kitchen, I just need to heat it” He got out of bed and Sarah enjoyed the view “Mind if I borrow your shower?” she asked. “Not at all” he said and put on his jeans and a shirt that he didn’t bother buttoning. After her shower Sarah walked down the stairs “It smells lovely Derek” she said “Well Grenadines is the best place in town. Would you like some wine?” “Sure” she answered and they sat down to eat “This is a nice little house you’ve got here” she said “You think?” he looked surprised “Otherwise I wouldn’t have said so. I like the decorating, did you do it yourself?” Derek shook his head “No, the previous owner did, I liked it and just bought the house as it was” “But something you must have done, it feels like you” Sarah said “Not really” Derek shred his shoulders. “What shall I say to get you to talk a bit more about yourself?” Sarah smiled at him “Actually I would much rather talk about you” he took his wine in one hand and offered his other to Sarah “Let’s move over to the sofa” she got up and brought her wine. “So Sarah Cummings, what’s your story” he said and put his free arm around her shoulders “There’s not much to say really” “There must be, what was your dreams growing up, where did you grow up?” he nuzzled her neck “Ludlow, Kansas” she answered him. She had never talked much about her time growing up, not that it hadn’t been good, just no one’s been interested before “Why do you want to know?” she turned her head “Why? I want to know everything about you of course” “What made you become an architect for example?” Sarah remembered back in time “That must have been when I helped my dad build a tree house, Meg wasn’t very interested I guess she was with mom cooking or something and our brother Sam is a few years older than us so he was off with his friends” “How old were you?” Derek was curious “I must have been 7 or 8. Dad let me decide almost everything” she smiled at the memory “You really had a nice time growing up didn’t you?” “The best” Sarah answered and turned around so she was sitting facing Derek “What about you, what was your dreams growing up? Did you ever build a tree house?” Derek laughed “Hardly, my dad wasn’t the building type if I say so” Sarah saw a sadness in his eyes “What was he like then, and your mom?” “Mom was great” “Was?” Sarah asked “Yes, she passed away last year” Sarah hugged him close “I’m sorry about that, what about your father, is he still alive?” “I don’t know, we’ve not seen him since he left us when we were 10” “Who are we?” “Me and my brother” Derek said “Are you close? I mean I couldn’t think about a life without being close to my sister and brother” “Yes we’re close and I’m happy about that since we’re twins” “Twins?? Do you look a lot like each other?” Derek laughed “You can say that, we’re identical, at least when it comes to looks” Sarah held a hand to her forehead and pretended to faint “There is two of you” but she couldn’t hold be the laughter and Derek bent forward to kiss her. “You know Sarah Cummings, I think I’m falling in love with you”
__________________________________________________________________

Ben pulled away from the kiss and looked at Meg. “Sorry” “There’s nothing to be sorry about” Meg said and kissed him again. It didn’t take long until they ended up in bed making love “I’ve never felt like this” Ben confessed “Never been this impulsive” Meg snuggled close to him “Me neither” she felt totally safe in his arms. Ben kissed the top of her head and just held her close. He was returning to the states in just a few days. He hadn’t wanted any vacation romance, but he hadn’t expected to find his soul mate either. He dozed off and when he woke up again he was alone in bed, but he heard the shower was running so he knocked on the door and opened it “Can I help you with those out of reach spots?” he asked and Meg turned startled and looked at him “It seems to be a habit of mine to startle you” Ben smiled and walked over to get into the shower with her. He took the soap and sponge to wash her back. Meg held her hair out of the way and Ben couldn’t resist kissing her shoulders, but Meg turned around for a real kiss.

Half an hour later wrapped up in a towel Meg stood in front of the mirror brushing her hair. She looked up and met Ben’s gaze “Ben, I have a confession to make” she turned around “I’m leaving in three days, but until then I’d like to spend my time here with you” Ben pulled her close to his chest “Sounds like a lovely plan” he too was leaving in three days but since he didn’t know if they’d ever meet after they left Mallorca he didn’t want to think about it. “Let’s get dressed and go out for dinner, I know a cozy little restaurant just down the street”. They got a nice table and had a lovely meal with great wine “You really know your wine” Meg said impressed “Well it comes with running a night club and having an interest in it” he stroke her fingers “I know a little place where they make and sell local wine, maybe we could make a stop there tomorrow” Meg looked up at him “You still want to go with me tomorrow don’t you?” he asked “Of course I want to” she smiled.

After dinner they strolled the streets “I need to pick up a few presents” Meg said “Anything special?” Ben asked as they stopped outside a shop with ceramics. “Something for my mom” she went inside to look at plates and cups “I just hope it will hold during the flight now when you barely can bring anything in your carry-on bags anymore” “Tell me about it” Ben said “But if you wrap it up in some clothes and stuff I think it will hold” Finally Meg found something she thought her mom would like “Aren’t you brining your mom anything?” She saw how Ben’s expression changed in a second “Did I say something wrong?” she looked up at him. Ben kissed her cheek “No, it’s just I’ve not thought about her in a while” “What do you mean?” Meg asked “She passed away last year” “I’m so sorry” Meg gave him a hug. “Thank you” Ben said. “I couldn’t think of a life without my parents even though we’re not living in the same state anymore” Meg said as she paid for her gifts “It wasn’t easy but at least I still have my brother” “You got a brother, I had you figured as an only child” Ben laughed “Nope, I’ve got a brother” he said.

Ben and Meg spent the next two days together and on their last evening after a lovely dinner they took a stroll on the beach “I will miss our morning runs” she looked at Ben. He pulled her closer and looked her deep in her eyes “I will miss you” They sat down in the sand and just held each other. From a hotel not too far away they heard some music.

I feel a chill in the air
Something is wrong.
I see your face everywhere
Since you`ve been gone.
And I`ll do best that I can,
So baby hold on.
And when I see you again,
You don`t have to stay alone.

Just hold me
Hold me
Just hold me
Hold me

So much I need to say
But I can`t get through.
I guess there`s no other way
To get my love to you.
Somehow we`ve made it this far,
So don`t give up now.
Tonight where ever you are,
Baby, when you close your eyes.

Just hold me
Hold me
Just hold me
Hold me.
___________________________________________________________________________
All connections to Sunset Beach and real life characters are purely for your pleasure.
©tinadolphin@comhem.se 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment