Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Starting over chapter 06

Chapter six
“What do you mean you want an explanation” the man said and opened a door to another room “Let’s get in here to talk” he suggested “No way!” Meg said “We can talk here and now” Meg said stubbornly “Are you marrying my sister” the man grinned “Yes I am. You must be Meg” he extended his hand “Are you kidding me? After what we shared as late as last night?” Meg said “Now I don’t understand. You have to excuse me, but you got me all puzzled” “Any problems D?” Ben asked as he walked into the chapel. That was the last thing Meg heard before she fainted. “Meg, Meg” Ben sat down on his knees just beside her and Meg slowly opened her eyes “Ben?” she asked “Yes, it’s me. Are you ok?” he sounded worried. Sarah had heard all the commotion and came rushing out “Meg, what happened” she looked at her sister “She fainted” Ben informed her as he helped Meg to sit up “Are you ok?” Sarah asked “Yes I am” she blinked a few times “Or not” she looked at Ben and then at the man she had been arguing with. They looked identical only Ben didn’t wear a suit jacket. Ben followed Meg’s eyes “Meg, this is my twin brother Derek” Ben helped Meg to stand up “Derek, this is Meg” he said with pride in his voice. He put his arm around her for support. “Twins?” Meg looked at Derek “I’m sorry. I thought you were Ben” Sarah looked at her sister and Ben “Ok, let’s take a few minutes and solve this” Sarah extended her hand to Ben “I’m Sarah Cummings, I’m the one marrying your brother in a few minutes” Ben took her hand “I’m delighted to finally meet you. I’ve heard a lot about you in Derek’s e-mails” Derek grinned “But how do you two know each other?” she asked and looked at Ben and Meg “We met at Mallorca” Meg tried to sound casual. “And you didn’t tell me about it” Sarah said because it was so easy even for an untrained eye to see that Ben and Meg was more than two persons who had just met.

“What is going on here?” Hank asked as he and Joan entered the chapel. Sarah turned around “Mom, Dad you’re here” she beamed and took Derek’s hand “Derek, this is my parents. Hank and Joan. Mom, dad this is Derek, my husband to be” Derek shook both their hands “It’s lovely to meet you both Mr and Mrs Cummings. I’m sorry we didn’t meet before, but Sarah and I didn’t want to wait” “Nice meeting you too Derek” Joan said. Hank of course was a bit more reserved, but what father wouldn’t be. Meg and Ben was standing a few steps away, Meg still a bit pale from her fainting “Meg, are you ok?” Joan asked when she saw her “You look a bit pale” Meg smiled “I guess with Sarah shocking us with her wedding and then me finding out that Derek was Derek and not Ben as I first thought it was too much” “And you know” Joan looked at Ben “Ben was it?” he nodded “how?” she looked at Meg “Well we met at Mallorca” Meg explained and turned towards Ben “Ben, this is my mother Joan Cummings” “Nice to meet you Mrs Cummings” Ben extended his hand “I’m Ben Evans. Derek over there is my twin brother” he nodded towards Derek who was standing next to Sarah and Hank “And you must be Mr Cummings” Ben said and took a step towards them to shake Hank’s hand “I sure am” Hank said “And I’m really interested in hearing the full story and I’d like it now” Joan put a hand no her husband’s arm “Let’s all calm down. I’m sure there are more than one story to tell, but I believe that we have a daughter who would love to marry this man” she smiled at Derek. She had always been a bit more laid back when it came to her daughters than Hank “That’s so true mom” Sarah said and then panic was all over her face “oh no, you weren’t supposed to see me before the wedding” Derek looked at her from top to toe and smiled “Actually I didn’t really notice before, but you look more lovely than usual” “You look great too” Sarah smiled back and they only had eyes for each other.

“Hrm” Everyone turned around “I’m Father Antonio and I believe I’ve got a wedding to perform” he shook hands with everyone “Nice to see you again” he said to Sarah and Derek. “Shall we get started?” Sarah looked at Meg “Just give me and my sister a few minutes to freshen up” they went into the room again. Derek and Ben followed Father Antonio and took their places at the altar. Hanks and Joan waited for their girls just outside the door.

“Are you ready for this?” Meg asked Sarah “I sure am, but are you ok, you still look a bit pale” Meg smiled “I’m fine, it was just a shock. I thought Derek was Ben and I really gave him my piece of mind and when Ben then walked in and I saw them both, well…” she let the happenings speak for themselves. “Come on” Meg hugged her sister “Let’s get you married” they went out into the corridor where their parents were waiting. “Aren’t Derek’s parents coming?” Joan asked and Sarah sighed “No, their mother died last year and the father’s not been around since they were about 10 years old” “Oh that’s sad” Joan looked at the closed door as Sarah turned to her father “Dad, will you walk me down the aisle?” Hank smiled “I sure will” He offered is arm for Sarah and Joan and Meg went to open the door. They walked down the aisle to stand on the opposite side of where Derek and Ben were standing. Meg smiled at Ben, she had just realized that her sister was marrying his brother and there would be plenty of chances for them to meet. Since Derek and Sarah both were fairly new in town there weren’t many people in the church. A few nuns and some elder people who just had happened to be at the chapel had stayed on. It was a short but lovely ceremony with a few hymns that Derek and Sarah had chosen together just the day before when they had met with Antonio.

Afterwards they all went over to Grenadines where they were greeted with champagne. “It was really beautiful ceremony Sarah” Joan said “But what was the hurry, you’re not…?” Sarah laughed “No mom” she took Derek’s hand “It just felt right and why wait” “Well you always were impulsive” Joan agreed and looked at Derek “And I’m looking forward to getting to know you” “And I you” Derek smiled. “I certainly hope you’ll be treating her nicely” Hank added “Oh Mr Cummings, I certainly will, nothing bad will come near Sarah if I’ll have a say” Derek promised. Ben and Meg stood a little to the side “I can’t believe I got to meet you again, do you live here too?” Meg asked “Yes I do, and so do you” Ben stated “So you are one of the women behind that big rebuilding going on down the beach” “Guilty” Meg said. “From the looks of it, it will be great, and with your photos as art work…” Ben looked her in the eyes “…everybody ever checking in will want to come back” A waiter came and showed them all over to the table where they had a lovely meal. Afterwards Derek and Sarah went over to his house. Joan and Hank was tired and wanted to go back to the house “Are you coming with us?” Joan asked Meg “No, I’m taking Ben up on his offer for a drink in the club” Ben looked at Hank and Joan “You’re still free to come” Joan shook her head “Not tonight” “Well, whenever you come, the drink’s on me” Ben shook both their hands “It was so nice to meet you both Mr and Mrs Cummings” “Oh Ben” Joan said all charmed “You and your brother can both call us Joan and Hank” “Thank you” Ben said. Hank and Joan took a cab back to the house and Ben and Meg went to the Deep.
___________________________________________________________________________
All connections to Sunset Beach and real life characters are purely for your pleasure.
©tinadolphin@comhem.se 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment