Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Starting over chapter 05

Chapter five
“I’m sorry miss Cummings, but it seems that your booking’s disappeared” the clerk at the desk in Frankfurt said “But I checked it last night” Meg insisted and showed her print out “It was there then” she sighed. She felt crappy since she had parted from Ben, vacation romances sucked. “Well all seats are taken now” “Are you sure, isn’t there anything, anywhere?” “Sorry miss, unless you want to upgrade I can’t help you” Meg rolled her eyes “Ok then, upgrade me, I just want to get home” she handed him her credit card. Before long it was time to board the flight. Meg quickly found her seat and sat down. The flight was long but at least it was comfortable as she flew first class. She arrived in New York just in time to catch her flight to Los Angles. As she was waiting for her bags she thought she saw a familiar couple, but it couldn’t be, could it?! “Mom, dad?” they turned around “What are you doing here?” “Oh Meg” her mother Joan rushed over to hug her “How are you?” “I’m fine” Meg answered “Just a bit puzzled to what you are doing here” her father arrived at them “Hello Meggie” he kissed her cheek “You’re looking great” Meg shook her head and looked at her mom again “So…” “Well, your sister had us flown out here, I guess it was to look at this new place you both got going and to celebrate you coming back from your trip, which looks on you to have been great” “That’s the first I’ve heard of it. Sarah must be up to something else. But it’s so great to see you both” she hugged her parents again and then they all gathered their bags and went out of the airport. “There is an airport shuttle that’s going to Sunset Beach, I guess we could catch that” Meg suggested. “Sounds like a great idea, that way we don’t have to drive thru this hectic traffic” her mother said and looked at all taxis and cars around the airport.

It was around noon when they arrived in Sunset Beach. Meg took her parents over to the house she and Sarah was sharing. “I hope Sarah’s got a perfectly good explanation for this” Meg said and unlocked the door “Sarah, I’m back and mom and dad are here too” she called. “I’m coming” Sarah called back and came running down the stairs “I’m so happy you’re all here” she hugged them “Meg, we need to go shopping” she grabbed her sister’s hand but Meg stood put “Wait a minute. I’ve just had a really long flight and all I want to do is to catch some sleep” Meg said “After you’ve explained to me why mom and dad are here” “Ok” Sarah looked at them all “But then we have to hurry” “You’re worrying me Sarah” Joan said. “Mom, dad” she looked at them and then at Meg “I’m getting married” she showed them a ring that was out of this world “I’m so happy for you Sarah” Joan said “When will we get to meet your husband to be” Sarah grinned “What do you say about four pm” “Oh, he’s coming here then?” Sarah shook her head “No, you can all meet him at the chapel” Her father looked at her “Sarah Cummings, what are you up to, you can’t just marry a guy like this. How long have you known him” Sarah was still beaming “About two and a half weeks” Joan sat down in the sofa “Two and a half weeks” she was shocked. “Yes, but I know he’s the one so why should I wait. We both feel the same way” she turned around to look at her sister “What do you say Meg?” Meg took a grip of her shoulders “Are you sure about this Sarah, this is beyond anything you’ve done before and you’ve always been impulsive” Sarah nodded “Yes I’m as sure as I’m sure that I want you to be my maid of honor, so let’s go shopping for your bride’s maid dress” she turned to their parents “You just take a shower and dress in something nice, we’ve book a table at the Grenadine’s for dinner afterwards” She then dragged her sister out of the door.

Joan looked at her husband “Did you get that? Our little baby is getting married” Hank stood up and paced the floor “To a man we’ve not even met. I don’t know how she could do this” “Well, Meg said it, she’s always been impulsive. I just hope this is a good young man and not someone without any prospects for the future”

Meg didn’t find out much more from her sister on their shopping trip. After finding a dress Sarah took Meg to a salon to get their hair and make up done and before long it was time to get to the little chapel “I didn’t even know this was here” Meg had said “Well, you’ve not spent enough time here yet, but you can explore the town the next two, three weeks as we’re going on our honey moon” “You’re going on a honey moon, when, where?” Sarah shook her shoulders “I don’t know where, but we’re not going until the day after tomorrow. I couldn’t get mom and dad here and not spend any time with them, besides I need to fill you in a bit too” she opened a door “Ok, I will wait here, can you go see if mom and dad have arrived yet?” It had all happened so fast so Meg agreed “Sure” she said and went out in the corridor again. She was looking for her parents and didn’t see where she was walking and bumped into a person. She looked up “You?!” she looked at the dressed up man “What are you doing here?” “Excuse me” the man said. “No I won’t excuse you, I want an explanation”
___________________________________________________________________________
All connections to Sunset Beach and real life characters are purely for your pleasure.
©tinadolphin@comhem.se 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment