Thursday, July 1, 2010

Starting over chapter 08

Chapter eight
“Let’s get out of here” Ben said when they broke the kiss. “As much as I want to Ben, I better get home. I don’t want to worry my parents” “Ok, but at least let me take you home then” Ben suggested “That would be nice” Meg said “Maybe we could walk on the beach” “In those heels” Ben looked at Meg’s shoes “Nah, I’ll take them off” she laughed. Hand in hand they walked down the beach “So where is your house?” Ben asked “Just over there” Meg pointed as they were close “That’s a nice house” “I really like it” Meg said “But…?” “Well I don’t know if Sarah’s moving in with Derek or if he’s moving in with us. Oh…” she sighed “There are so many questions that needs answering” Ben stopped and took Meg by the shoulders “They don’t have to be answered now do they?” he bent down to kiss her “Meg, I’m so happy you wanted to start over with me” he said. “So far those last days of vacation was the best in my life” Meg whispered between kisses “And today when I met you again” she added. Ben took her hand and walked towards her door. “Do you want to come in for some coffee?” Meg asked as she put the key in the door “Won’t your parents mind?” “They’re in bed and it’s only coffee” Meg smiled and opened the door. Ben followed her to the kitchen “Take a seat” Meg said and nodded towards some stools at the island in the middle of the room as she went over to the counter to make the coffee. When it was done Meg sat down next to Ben and sipped her coffee “So Ben, what do you think about the wedding, you’ve not said anything about it?” Meg asked “It was nice, typical Derek actually, he’s always been impulsive” “Do I hear a but coming?” Meg asked “Well I still think it’s a big step to take on that short a time” Meg looked seriously at him “So you say you would say no if I asked you to marry me here and now?” Ben got a shocked expression on his face “You’re serious?” Meg burst into laughter “No” she couldn’t stop laughing “But your expression was well worth it” she kissed his cheek “Unlike my sister I’m a bit old fashioned, I want it all, dates, courtship, being proposed to and then a big wedding with family and friends” Ben took her hand “Then that’s what you’re gonna get” he promised. Ben finished his coffee “I think I better go. It feels like I got a million things to do tomorrow due to today’s happenings” he smiled as he looked Meg in the eyes “But it was a nice day” “Yes it was, wasn’t it” Meg agreed and got up to follow him to the door. Ben opened it and took a step down on the stairs so he came face to face with Meg “I’m so happy I met you again” Meg moved closer and put her arms around his neck “Me too, maybe I’ll see you tomorrow. I thought I’d take mom and dad for a look around town. I’ve not been everywhere myself yet and I got a tip of a good place to have lunch” she grinned “Where could that be?” Ben asked “I’m not sure, but it was called the Java Web” “Oh that place” Ben played along “I’ve heard it would be great, free lunch to the lady of the heart and her parents every Friday” he added as it had been Thursday the day that just had ended. “You’re too nice” Meg moved her lips to his and kissed him. Ben sighed as the broke “Anything wrong?” Meg asked “No, I just feel happy” Ben smiled and kissed her again “Now I want you to go in and lock the door” Meg laughed “Yes, sir” She kissed him one last time and went inside. After locking the door she stood leaning on it happy that Ben was back in her life, something she hadn’t expected would happen even 24 hours ago.

The next morning Meg woke up to the smell of coffee. She pulled on a kimono and went downstairs “Good morning” she said as she entered the kitchen where her mom and dad was “Good morning Meggie” her father said “These came for you an hour ago” he pointed to the table where a vase full of white roses stood. Meg was shocked and went over to look for a card. She found it and read it “Consider yourself being courted” it said and was signed “B” “Who are they from” Joan asked curiously and Meg smiled “Ben” both her parents looked at her “I don’t think I ever got time to explain yesterday, I met him at Mallorca just a few days ago. Well I had seen him out jogging when I was out, but we ended up on the same bus tour and started talking” “And you never knew he was a twin until yesterday” Joan said remembering how Meg had fainted “No, I knew he had a brother but he never said they were twins” “So” she continued “What would you say about some sightseeing today, I thought that I’d show you the hotel and then we could take a look around town together. I’ve not been around much myself” Hank and Joan looked at each other “Sounds like a good idea. I don’t think Sarah and Derek will show up very early today anyway” Joan said.

When Meg was dressed she and her parents took a walk down the beach towards the hotel. “I can’t get enough of this view” Meg admitted “As much as I love it at home in Kansas this is…” she didn’t find words for it “It’s magic” Joan said “I read something on the internet just the other day about a legend” Meg looked surprised “I’ve never heard about it” Joan looked over the ocean “It was something about the Santa Ana wind blowing and the one you meet on the far side of the pier is the one you’re destined to be with. I don’t remember it exactly, but there must be somehow to find out about it” they walked along and arrived at the hotel. Meg smiled proudly as the exterior looked amazing. “So this is it, what do you think?” she asked curiously “It looks great” Hank said “I bet Sarah’s been hard in her commands towards the builders” Meg laughed “I bet she has, I’ve not bothered much as long as she’s been sticking to the budget and she has” Joan hugged Meg “I’m so proud of you and your sister” “Thanks mom” she smiled “and you too dad for believing in us and supporting us” she started to walk “Let’s go inside and look around” The plans was that they were opening in about a month.

After looking around the three of them walked around town a bit and around 1pm they ended up at the Java Web. Meg looked around as they came inside, but couldn’t see Ben anywhere, but she recognized the man behind the counter “Hello Mark” she said with a smile “Hi Meg” he smiled back “How are you today? I never saw you leave last night” “Well Ben and I left thru the backdoor of the office” she said “Oh, ok” Mark nodded “Oh Mark” Meg said “These are my parents Joan and Hanks Cummings” “Mom, dad this is Mark, alleged to be the best bartender in town but I’m forbidden to steal him away from Ben to have him working at the hotel” Mark laughed and extended his hand “Nice to meet you and whatever Ben says I’m a free man” he winked an eye at Meg. “What am I saying” a deep British voice came from behind Meg.
___________________________________________________________________________
All connections to Sunset Beach and real life characters are purely for your pleasure.
©tinadolphin@comhem.se 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment