Thursday, July 8, 2010

Starting over chapter 11

Chapter eleven
The kiss was sweet and tender and when they broke apart Ben dried Meg’s tears away with his thumbs. “Better now?” she just nodded and turned around to continue with the dishes “Why don’t you have a dishwasher, it saves time” Ben said and reached for a towel to help dry “There wasn’t one when we bought the place and I’ve not been here much yet to feel the need” “I shouldn’t complain really” Ben smiled at her “I get to spend time with you right now because of it” Meg laughed “That’s true, but really you don’t have to” she said “I’d like to and I think it’s good that my brother spends some time with your parents, getting to know them I mean” Meg knew it was a risk asking but she had to find out “Don’t you want to get to know them too?” she glanced up at him “Sure I will, but I’ve got time to get to know them” “What do you mean” “I mean that I want to, just as I said yesterday, date and court you properly and not rush into anything like Derek and Sarah did” “Oh Ben, you’re so sweet” Meg said and finished off the washing up “I wonder if mom’s made a cake or something to go with the coffee” she looked around in the kitchen and finally the fridge “She’s really great your mom, a first class cook and she bakes too” Meg turned around “Well she was always a stay at home mom and farmer’s wife so it kind of comes with the territory” “Maybe it does, but from dinner alone I could notice there is an interest in cooking too, not just to do it because it has to be done” Ben said “Maybe I should invite her to come cook for me at the Java Web” he teased “If you do, I promise I’ll do everything in my power to steal Mark for the bar at the hotel” Ben pulled her into his arms again and kissed her “Don’t you dare” he kissed her again “God, I never thought I’d feel this way again” “Hrm” they broke apart “How about coffee?” Sarah asked “Or are you two too busy?” Meg turned to look at her sister “It’s just finished, I was on my way out” Sarah raised her eyebrows “I can see that”
They all sat down in the sofas to have their coffee “So girls, have you decided on a name for your hotel yet?” Hank asked “We have” Meg said “But we’re keeping it a secret until the opening” Sarah filled in. “It was a bit hard with bills and stuff if we didn’t have a company name so we had to come up with one pretty fast” Meg looked at her sister “But I think we agreed fast and we’re both satisfied. Sarah nodded “I really like it” “Do we get a hint?” Hank was curious. “Not a chance” Sarah said “We won’t tell a soul” she looked at Meg “Not a soul” she confirmed.
Derek and Sarah left about an hour later. “I guess I should leave too, I need to get to the Deep, and I gave Mark the evening off” Ben said and stood up. “It’s been a lovely evening, the food was absolutely fabulous Joan” “That was nothing” she said modestly. Ben shook hands with Hank and kissed Joan’s cheek before Meg followed him to the door, they went out and again Meg found herself standing on the stairs with Ben “Do you want to come with me?” Meg smiled at him “No, I think I will spend some time with mom and dad, I’ve not seen them in a long time and they’re leaving tomorrow morning mom told me before” Ben pulled her into his arms again “Then I think you shall, I get to see you tomorrow anyway” he looked at her “That is if the tour of the hotel still is on” “Of course it is” Meg said “Good” Ben lowered his head and kissed her tenderly “Good night Meg, sweet dreams” he left and Meg stood there looking after him until she didn’t see him anymore.

sThe next morning Sarah and Derek came over for breakfast before Meg and Sarah took their parents to the airport “Thank you for coming” Sarah said and hugged them both “Oh Sarah” Joan said “I wouldn’t have missed it for the world, although you could have warned us it was a wedding you wanted us to come for” “Then it wouldn’t have been a surprise” Sarah said “That’s true” Joan agreed. “It was great seeing you too Meg, and I think you will do the right decision with your photos as artwork for the hotel” she hugged her. Both girls hugged their father too and stood outside the gate until their parents had gone thru security. “I guess you want to get back home to Derek” Meg said as they walked towards the car “and finish of your mini-honey moon” Sarah laughed “We’re planning on going away when the hotel is up and running. I hope that will be ok with you” Meg got in behind the wheel “Of course it is, I’ve just been to the trip of my life, now it’s your turn” she backed the car out of the parking lot and drove towards Sunset Beach “It really was, wasn’t it?” Sarah asked “the trip of your life” Meg nodded “So many things and places I got to see” she told about a few “And then you met Ben” Sarah filled in “I did, but I never really thought I’d see him again. It’s been a bit overwhelming…” They arrived in town “So where can I drop you off” Meg asked “At home, I mean our house, I need to pack a few things up and take over to Derek’s” Sarah answered “I will still help you pay the mortgage, but we’ve decided to live in his house. It’s not as big as ours, but it’s enough for us and I don’t want you to feel like an intruder in your own home” Meg parked outside their garage “That’s thoughtful of you Sarah. I really, really hope you and Derek will be happy together” “I know we will, he’s my soul mate” she confessed “As I believe Ben’s yours” she laughed “Can you believe we fell in love with twins Meg” and Meg joined her laughter “No, I can’t. I really hope this will be right with Ben” “It will Meg, I can see it in your face, when you’re alone you get that dreamy look and when Ben’s in the room you have a hard time to pull your eyes off him. You never was that way with Tim” “Have you heard what happened to Tim after he left Ludlow?” Meg asked “Nope, think he came out this way but at least I’ve not seen him around Sunset Beach” Sarah said. “Well… if I never see him it will be too soon anyways” Meg said “I can’t believe he slept with Connie, I just wonder how many more of my so called friends he slept with” “Meg, don’t even think about it, he’s not worth it” Sarah went up to the room that had been hers and started packing up. Meg sat down in the living room and opened her computer to do some work. When Sarah returned down the stairs Meg was deep into the paperwork “I still don’t know how you can find that work satisfying” she shook her head “Well it’s a good thing I do then” Meg smiled at her sister “otherwise we’d be in a big mess. You’ve done good when I’ve been away, everything checks out with deliveries and bills” Meg closed the program and took out the calendar “So, what do you say about meeting up at the hotel at nine on Monday morning so we can start looking into hiring staff” Sarah took out her cell phone and put in the notice about the meeting “I guess I’ll see you there then” Meg looked at the suite case and boxes “Shall I drive you to Derek’s, wherever that is?” she asked “Nope, D’s on his way to help me. Besides his house isn’t that far away. It’s the one before Ben’s if you come from this way 1305” Meg laughed “You mean they live next door to each other” Sarah nodded. “And it’s really close to the hotel. It shares the same back street” there was a knock on the door and Sarah went to open “Hi hubby” she greeted Derek with a big kiss “I’ve missed you” and Meg couldn’t resist rolling her eyes. “Hi wife” Derek returned “Hi Meg” he smiled at her “I hope you don’t mind me taking my wife home” Meg smiled back “Not at all, I’m a very modern woman who thinks a husband and wife should live together” she teased and Derek laughed “Oh, I will really enjoy having you as a sister Meg” he said “Well your stuck with me so you better” she returned.

After Derek and Sarah had left Meg went back to her work and suddenly her cell phone rang “Have you forgotten about me?” the caller said and she recognized the voice instantly “Not really, I guess I’m just running late. Are you at the hotel?” she asked “No, I’m running a bit late, I’m at the Java Web, but I can be at the hotel in five” Ben said “Well don’t rush, why don’t we meet there in half an hour instead” “Ok, I’ll see you then” Ben said and Meg was on the way to hung up the phone “Meg, go look outside your front door” he said and hung up.
___________________________________________________________________________
All connections to Sunset Beach and real life characters are purely for your pleasure.
©tinadolphin@comhem.se 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment