Thursday, April 19, 2012

Started with a chat 11

~Chapter eleven~


Meg woke up first the next morning, she couldn’t stop smiling. She felt relaxed and safe in Ben’s arms; they had woken up during the night and made love again. Happily she prepared to get up, but was pulled back by Ben “You’re trying to sneak away?” he teased and kissed the way up her spine. Meg turned around and kissed him “No, but I thought that you maybe wanted the sleep” she smiled sheepishly at him. Ben pulled her down and rolled over so he was on top “Are you suggesting that I ‘worked’ harder than you last night” he grinned “because as I recall it you were pretty active yourself” he lowered his head for a long deep kiss. Ben moved his kisses down her neck and Meg moaned “Oh please don’t stop” she said when he stopped and Ben placed a light kiss on her lips “I better or we won’t get out of bed today” he paused “and I’ve got something I want to show you so we better get going” he got out of bed and put his trousers on. With his shirt open he went out of Meg’s room and over to the shared bathroom. Meg sat up in bed and laughed, gosh she was happy. She put on her robe as she got out and walked over to make some coffee, that was when she remembered they’d never had had coffee in the evening, but still there was a cup missing. She turned around to look for it and found it on the table “I had a cup just not waste it all” Ben said leaning against the doorframe. He had pulled his wet hands thru his hair and Meg thought that she’d never seen anything sexier in her life “That’s good then, I’ve made some new” she nodded towards the machine “I’ll just go take a quick shower” Ben put a hand out and stopped her “Not before I get a kiss” he bent his head down.

As Meg went to the bathroom Ben put his shoes on and went downstairs to get some take away from Elaine’s or they wouldn’t get anything to eat this morning. It was Elaine herself that was behind the counter “Good morning Ben, you’re out and about early this Saturday, can it be a visit to my new lodger that brings you by?” Ben grinned he knew that without telling Elaine knew everything when it came to love and romance “Can be” he put in his order “No coffee?” Ben shook his head and sat down on a stool to wait “So Ben, did you have a good police evening?” Elaine asked “Yeah, always a good evening, I take it you had your share during the day” Elaine’s waffle shop was close to the beach while the Deep and the Java Web was a bit more inside the town. “Yeah, one of the best days of the year” Ben and Elaine had always had a good business relationship, helping each other out when needed. Ben paid for the breakfast and walked back upstairs and had just gotten inside when Meg got back “I’ve fixed us some breakfast” he started to unpack the bag. “You really are amazing” Meg smiled and put on a t-shirt and jeans “How nice it is not to have to tend to the animals on a Saturday morning” Meg said mostly to herself “No, but I bet you will miss it in a few weeks” Ben answered and Meg laughed “I said that out loud didn’t I?” Ben nodded “Come on and eat now, I want to take you over to the house and show the progress” he said “Have you done much?” Meg asked as she sat down “Well you can say that, Casey’s helped out some too, the only thing that needs tearing out now is the kitchen” Ben said “I hope to get that done this weekend as I’ve got plumbers coming on Tuesday” Meg laughed “You’re going to get ruined renovating that house” Ben didn’t comment but went on “Then I’ve got lots of samples for everything laying around” “You really want to move in fast don’t you?” Meg asked “Yes, I can’t kip at Casey’s forever” Meg looked at him “Kip?” “Yes, sleep?!” Ben answered her and Meg rolled her eyes “So are you good with a paint brush?” Ben asked “Well I’ve done the fences a few times at home” Meg shrugged her shoulders “Great, maybe you can help out with some paint job in the house then”

After a quick visit at Surf Central where Ben changed into his working clothes they got over to the house. Meg was amazed on the progress “Have you done all this in just two weeks?” Ben nodded “With help from Casey, Rae’s been working a lot so he’s had time to help out” “Wow, you could almost move in tomorrow” Meg said and Ben laughed “I doubt it, as I said the plumber will come Tuesday and you remember how old the kitchen is, that has to get torn out” “Let’s get to it then” Meg said.
A couple of hours later Ben and Meg took a break on the terrace. With a water bottle each to drink from, they rested against the railing with their backs towards the ocean. Meg had her hair up in a high ponytail and Ben couldn’t resist the urge to kiss her neck, Meg tilted her head a bit more to give Ben access. Instead he pulled her into his arms for a real kiss. What they didn’t know was that most people from the beach could see them and some of them were Annie and Maria.

Annie was still talking, but she didn’t get any response from her friend “Earth to Maria” she said and finally patted her on the shoulder which made Maria jump “What?” “Have you heard anything at all?” she had been telling about the date she had had the previous evening with Ruiz. “Didn’t you tell me that that girl, Meg or what’s her name went back to wherever she came from?” Maria asked Annie “Yes she did, so what?” “Who is it Ben’s kissing over there at that house?” Maria pointed towards a house that Annie never had noticed before. They weren’t far away and Annie saw clearly that it was Meg in Ben’s arms. “Maria, you have to get to terms with it. It was you that cheated on Ben so you can’t blame him” “If Ben’s just given me a chance he’d know I’d cut that off” Maria said “Maria, you’re my friend and I love you, but you did cheat on Ben once before and he took you back” Annie started “Yes, he did, he could have done it again” Maria shrugged her shoulders “Maria, you’re not listening to me, and apparently you didn’t listen to Ben either. The first time he said that would it happen again it was over for you and you did get to sign the divorce papers last week, remember?” Annie tried to get her friend to understand and she pulled her last card “If you don’t let it go I’m going to take Ben’s side in this divorce” “You can’t do that, you’re my friend Annie” Maria looked at her “But I’m also Ben’s friend Maria, I guess I can just not talk to any of you if it comes to that”

Meg took a sip of her water bottle and looked out over the beach “I believe you will be very happy here Ben” she glanced up at him and then back out. Ben stood behind her and she rested back against his chest. After placing a soft kiss on the top of her head he said “I think so too, there’s really only one thing I need to make it perfect” Meg turned around and looked at him “The renovation done?” she asked. Ben shook his head “No Meg” he looked her deep in the eyes “I want you to move it with me” Meg was taken aback a bit “I was going to wait and ask you, but well the topic came up and I don’t want to waste any time with you” Meg snuggled close to Ben “I don’t want to waste any time either, I spent years dating Tim when I grew up and see what that got me” she looked back up at Ben “I’d love to live here with you” Ben kissed her “Good, now I don’t have to feel bad when I ask you to help me chose colors, wallpapers, decorating” He reached for his water bottle and took a sip “Maybe you got things in Kansas you want to have shipped over here” Meg laughed “I don’t think so” “Are you sure?” Ben teased “Knick knack, coffee mugs and so on?” Meg hit him playfully “Don’t you knock back my coffee mugs” they both laughed and went back inside to finish the last things in the kitchen.

Maria packed her things up “Where are you going?” Annie asked “Home, I need to call the lawyers to see if I can get that divorce canceled. I’m not giving him up to some country girl from Kansas” Annie grabbed her arm “Maria, you have to move on he’s not taking you back” “Oh yes Annie, he sure is” Annie took a deep breath “Can you honestly tell me you and Ben were truly happy together? I don’t think you were” Maria looked at Annie “The thing I saw in Ben’s eyes last night at the Deep I’ve never seen before. Maria, you hurt him and now he’s….” she didn’t finish the sentence because she saw the tears in Maria’s eyes, this was the first time since it all started Maria hadn’t full control of her feelings. Annie hugged her tightly “Maria, it will be fine, you will be fine” she quickly gathered her things “Let’s go home and have a nice glass of wine”
___________________________________________________________________________
All connections to Sunset Beach and real life characters are purely for your pleasure.
©tinadolphin@comhem.se 2012-

No comments:

Post a Comment