Sunday, March 25, 2012

Started with a chat 10

~Chapter ten~


Ben arrived at LAX at the same time as Meg’s flight landed. He was lucky to find a parking spot not too far away from the entrance. He went inside and looked at the monitors to get the information what gate Meg was coming from. When he came closer to the closed doors he looked again at the monitors and to his happiness he saw the symbol for the baggage band running, which meant Meg wouldn’t be too long as long as her things came quickly. Two weeks was long enough. He sighed, it was not like they were going to live together at once, but at least they were going to be in the same town.

Meg thought the baggage band took forever; she had already brought a baggage cart as she wasn’t going to manage all her bags otherwise ‘Maybe mom was right anyway’ she thought. She looked around for her bags again she was starting to feel a bit nervous. What if Ben didn’t come and pick her up? What if he had changed his mind? ‘So stupid I am’ she thought and took out her phone and texted Ben “Just landed, waiting for my bags, hope to see you soon” she sent the message and it didn’t take many seconds before she got her answer “Looking forward to have you in my arms, please hurry I’m waiting” Meg’s bags finally came and she could get out to see Ben. She spotted him almost at once and called his name “Meg” he took long steps towards her, finally close he pulled her in for a long kiss “I’ve missed you” “I’ve missed you too” Meg said breathlessly and smiled at him “I’m so happy to be back” Ben put an arm around her shoulders “Come on, let’s get back to Sunset Beach” they went outside and over to Ben’s car “I’ve forgotten it was this warm” Meg said and took her jacket off and put it in the backseat of the car. Ben walked over to open the front door for her, but before he did he couldn’t help but kiss her again.
When they arrived in Sunset Beach Ben dropped Meg off on the backside of the Waffle Shop, they both wanted what they had to be private for a little bit more. Meg put her bags to the side and walked around to see Elaine to get the key. It was pretty calm so Elaine helped Meg upstairs with the bags “It’s great to have you back Meg, I guess you will work for Ben again” “Yes, he said to look him up if I got back” Elaine laughed and unlocked the door “You don’t have to pretend with me Meg, I know. And believe me I’ve never seen Ben this happy“ “How?” Meg asked “Well romance is my specialty” she handed Meg the key “I don’t have any rules here, as long as you keep the room nice and tidy and do your share of cleaning the bathroom, just ask me or the girls if you have any questions” ‘The girls’ were Gaby and Paula. Paula was Elaine’s daughter and Gaby was Paula’s sister on her father’s side. “I will. Thanks for everything Elaine, let me know when you need the rent money” Meg went inside and Elaine returned downstairs. Meg put her suitcases just to the side of the door and walked over to the window, she felt lucky, and she could see the ocean from it. Smiling she turned around and first then noticed a big bouquet with white roses on the table. She took the card and read it. It was from Ben of course. She picked up her phone and called him “Thank you for the lovely roses” She said “You’re welcome. I’m happy you like them” “It’s my favorite” Meg said “Oh, I didn’t know that” Ben said on his end “Meg, I’m sorry I thought I’d have all day to spend with you but I need to take care of a problem at the Java Web, but why don’t you come to the Deep later for a drink. I know everyone will be happy to see you” Meg yawned “Sure, a short while I could managed, I’ve missed everyone” she said “Not as much as me I hope” Ben flirted over the phone “No, not as much as you” Meg said with a smile and they hung up.

Meg unpacked most of her stuff and then took a shower and got ready to go to the Deep. When she arrived it was already full of people but again it was Friday night. As she made her way to the bar she was greeted with ‘welcome back’s from people who were customers. She stopped a few yards away from the table where most of her Sunset Beach friends sat. Gaby was the first one who spotted her “Meg’s back” she rushed up to hug her “Welcome back Meg, you’ve been missed” everyone wanted a hug “You don’t know what this means to me” Meg said with tears in her eyes “What do you want to drink?” Casey asked “Just a glass of white wine, it’s been quite a long day” “I’ll be right back” he said and gathered some empty glasses on the table to bring to the bar. Ben was behind the bar at the moment “I thought you weren’t working tonight” Casey said “That was the plan, but Roger called in sick so I had to help out a bit” Ben told him “Oh, bummer… well maybe you can spend some time with Meg later” he winked an eye at his friend “Shall I buy some earplugs or shall I not expect you home” he teased “Case” Ben pretended to hit him, it wasn’t like that he’s not thought about spending the night with Meg, but again he didn’t want to push her.
The club was full and Meg had a lovely time catching up with everyone and every chance she got she glanced over at Ben hoping that no one noticed. “Earth to Meg” Casey said and Meg looked surprised at him “You were behind the bar weren’t you” Casey said and stood up holding out his hand “Come on and dance with me, Rae got called away and I want to dance” as Meg loved to dance she got up and went over to the dance floor. Just as they started to dance the song ended and the next song was a slow one. Casey knew Mark’s routine in mixing slow and fast songs, he had wanted to talk to Meg without taking her away from the club. He looked at Meg “You know Ben’s crazy about you don’t you?” he asked “What do you mean?” Meg tried to sound innocent “You don’t have to pretend, Ben’s my best friend and we’ve talked a bit” Casey said and Meg smiled at him “What do you think he thinks about us dancing like this then?” Casey looked over at the bar and saw Ben laughing so he turned around to show Meg “He trust us so much” when they song ended they went back to the table. Meg yawned, it had been a long day so she told everyone that they had to catch up more over the weekend but now she was going back to her room. Before she left she walked over to the bar “Do you have a schedule Ben?” she asked and looked where it usually was laying “I do, but you’re not on it until Monday, I thought you wanted the weekend off” he smiled at her. “I don’t mind, but it will be nice to spend some time on the beach and with the girls” their hands touched when Meg handed Ben back the clipboard “I will leave now” she said “Ok, if not before I’ll see you Monday” Ben said casually although he much rather pull her close and give her a big kiss, he hated this situation.

About an hour later soon after 11 Mark put the computer on random to play for the rest of the evening, his DJ-shift was over and now he headed towards the bar. Ben was busy mixing some drinks so he helped the next customer. When everyone was served for this round he looked at Ben “You go” he said “But Roger’s not here and…” Ben had a hard time convincing both himself and Mark that he HAD to be there, that he didn’t want to run over and see Meg. “Go on Ben, you know I’ll have tomorrow off for the radio station” Mark reminded him.

Meg was lying in her bed, she was tired but she couldn’t seem to fall asleep. She was thinking about the big step she had taken, moving far away from home. Thinking about how she was looking forward to spend a long time, hopefully a lifetime, with Ben. She hoped they hadn’t done anything today to ruin Ben’s divorce. She jumped when someone knocked on her door, who could it be this time in the night; probably Gaby she thought and got up. She didn’t bother with her robe so all she had on was a short negligée. She opened the door and so her surprise and happiness it was Ben. Without a word he pulled her close and kissed her deeply. Meg pulled him inside and closed the door. “Meg” Ben moaned to her lips “I’ve wanted to do this all evening” Meg kissed him again feather light small kisses “Me too” they broke apart and Meg became aware of what she was having on, she walked over to the corner where her bed was and picked her robe up “Can I get you anything, not that I have much but there’s some water, juice and I guess I can fix coffee” suddenly she was nervous. “Coffee is fine if it’s not too much trouble” Ben said and sat down at the table she had in the kitchen area, he looked her up and down ‘God she looks good’ he thought. Her robe didn’t cover much and she was barefoot. Meg started the machine and took out two cups from the cupboard, it was her favorite cups she had brought with her from Kansas “I thought you were busy at the Deep” she said and looked over at Ben “Well it quiet down a bit and Mark took over at the bar” Ben said “By the way, Mark’s doing a show in the radio tomorrow evening” Meg smiled “That’s great, I bet he’ll do just fine” she opened another cupboard “I’m sorry Ben, I don’t have anything but coffee, not even crackers” Ben walked over and put his arms around her from the back “I don’t need anything” he nuzzled her neck and Meg moaned when he kissed her behind the ear “So you like that” Ben said and did the same to the other side. Meg turned around in his arms and reached up to kiss him. As Meg was a big shorter Ben lifted her up so she sat on the edge of the counter. Meg tugged on Ben’s shirt until she got it loose from his trousers. Still kissing him she started to unbutton his shirt and pushed it off his shoulders. She ran her hands down his chest and up again, Ben couldn’t help but moan, he loved her hands on his body. He untied the belt of Meg’s robe and pulled it off her shoulders before he leant forward and slowly pulled a strap away to kiss her shoulder it was now Meg’s turn to moan. She put her hands on his face so she could get a proper kiss. Ben moved in on her and she locked her legs behind his back so he couldn’t get away. Looking Meg in the eyes he carried her over to the bed and laid her down before he laid himself down next to her. Kissing and touching each other soon they both were undressed making love. They hadn’t said a thing with words, just with their eyes and touches. Ben pulled Meg close into his arms afterwards and kissed her softly “That was truly amazing” he said “Mmm, it was” Meg agreed tracing a finger on his chest “I… I just, oh Meg I hope it wasn’t too soon” Ben started “I mean, my intentions was to wait, but…” Meg put a finger to his lips “I didn’t think it would happen this fast either, but I wanted it just as much as you” Ben pulled her close and it didn’t take Meg many minutes before she fell asleep on his shoulder. Ben sighed happily and when he noticed that Meg was deeper in her sleep he got up to turn the coffee machine off. He looked at the cups these weren’t something that Elaine had put in the cupboard as it had a Kansas highschool flag on them. Not to waste all of the coffee he poured himself a cup and sat down at the table. He looked at Meg, she was so beautiful how lucky wasn’t he to have found her. Few minutes later he went back to bed and fell asleep too.
___________________________________________________________________________
All connections to Sunset Beach and real life characters are purely for your pleasure.
©tinadolphin@comhem.se 2012-

No comments:

Post a Comment