Sunday, March 18, 2012

Started with a chat 07

~Chapter seven~


When the song ended Ben and Meg parted. Someone came to talk to Ben so Meg went back to the bar “What’s up?” Roger asked “I’m not so sure anymore that I want to go back to Kansas” Meg said “Well why don’t you stay then?” “Well to start with, I need to get home and sort the “mess” I left behind up and then I’m due back at work on Monday” Roger gave her half a smile “I’ve loved working with you and so does the others so I think you’re more than welcome back” he walked around the bar to hug her. Gabi and Vanessa saw it and came up to Meg “You’re not leaving just yet are you?” they asked “Yes I think I am, I’ve got some last minute packing to do and then I want to get some sleep before the shuttle leaves early tomorrow” “Are you coming back?” Gabi was the first to ask “You can’t not come back” Vanessa filled in “I believe I am” Meg glanced over to where Ben stood talking to some guys “Anything going on there?” Vanessa was curious “Nah” Meg said “I think there is” Gabi teased “Come on Meg spill…” Meg just shook her head and hugged them again “Can you both tell the others bye, I don’t think I can do it” they promised and as they had exchanged phone numbers and e-mails before they would keep in touch “Thanks for taking me in, I’ve had a lovely time” Meg turned around and took her purse on the bar before she walked up the stairs.

With quick steps she started her way back to the motel, she heard some steps behind her and picked up her pace, suddenly she felt a hand on her arm “Let me go” she called out and started to struggle “Not if I can help it” it was Ben “Did you really think you could leave without saying bye?” Meg had tears in her eyes and it hurt him. He pulled her close “Meg, I didn’t mean to scare you” she looked up at him “It’s not that Ben, it’s because I can’t say bye I left” “Then just stay” it was so simple to Ben “I can’t, I need to get back home” Meg started to walk “Let me walk you back to the motel at least” Ben walked by her side “What is it that’s calling you to go home?” “I just need to get back and talk to some people, then I’ve got work on Monday” “You know you can work here, I mean if you’re worried about money” Meg smiled “I know and believe me, it’s not easy going back” “Why don’t you just call then and stay” She shook her head “I just can’t do that Ben, I need to face these people and I better get on with it so I can move on” they had reached her door “Meg” Ben said “Why don’t I drive you down to L.A?” Meg shook her head “I hate airport goodbyes, and besides the shuttle is free” Ben pulled her around so they stood face to face “I don’t care about the money I just want to spend a little more time with you now that I know for sure that you are you” Ben did his best to persuade Meg and won her over in the end, so while she finished packing and checking out he went back to the Deep to talk to Mark and then to Surf Central to pick his car up. They had decided to drive off to miss the heavy morning traffic.

Closing in on L.A a road sign made them take the next exit to an all-night open diner to have some breakfast. It was one of those ordinary places but for Ben and Meg it would always be special. They had talked a lot in the car and when they sat down Meg persuaded Ben to tell her about Maria “I can’t believe that we’ve both been treated that badly by the ones we loved” Meg said when Ben finished “I don’t think we shall blame ourselves Meg” she smiled at him “Well I don’t blame anyone for my mess but Tim, if it wasn’t that I was so sure he wouldn’t do the right thing I’d let him send all presents and sort other things out” she sighed “What about you then, are you filing for divorce?” she asked Ben “Of course I am, it’s already been filed, luckily since I was just to start up the business when we got married Gregory convinced me to write a ‘prenup’ so she don’t get a penny of it and as I don’t really care about it I’m leaving her the house we’ve lived in” Meg held his hand “You’re a kind man Ben Evans” Ben lifted her hand and kissed it “Too kind for my own good I’ve noticed lately” “I’m happy I got to know you at least” Ben looked at her “And I’m happy I got to start to get to know you, because I don’t want it to end here. I want you to come back” Meg felt a warmth spread thru her body “I want to get to know you more too and I will come back as soon as possible” she looked up at a wall clock “But to come back I have to leave, maybe we should get going?” Ben got up and paid their bill “Let’s go” he took Meg’s hand as they left the diner.

At the airport it was busy, but Ben found a parking spot so he could follow Meg inside. When she came to the counter the check-in went quickly. Ben was standing by the side with two cups of coffee in his hand “I thought we’d share a last cup” Meg was silent as they stood by a table “You know I can buy a ticket and come with you” Ben suggested “As much as I’d love to show you around Ben I don’t think it’s a good idea. But thinking that it’s less than two months until Thanksgiving I bet my mom would love for me to come back” “It would be a pleasure to accompany you” Ben smiled at her and Meg sighed “I’d better go thru security so I’m not stuck there when the plane’s about to leave” Ben pulled her close and lowered his head for a kiss. A kiss that took both their breaths away “Call me when you land Meg” Ben kissed her on the forehead and Meg started to walk away. She couldn’t say anything or she’d burst into tears, but as she turned around and looked at Ben she knew she had to run back for one more kiss “I’ll hurry back” was the only thing she whispered and didn’t look back this time she walked away.

Ben got back to the car and drove back to Sunset Beach, he knew he would start tearing down wallpapers and so in the house, but he wanted Meg to decorate it with him.

When Meg hand landed and gotten her bags and packed them into her parents’ car she texted Ben “Heels clicked together three times, Dorothy”
___________________________________________________________________________
All connections to Sunset Beach and real life characters are purely for your pleasure.
©tinadolphin@comhem.se 2012-

No comments:

Post a Comment