Sunday, September 12, 2010

Starting over chapter 15

Chapter fifteen

The big day was finally here. Meg and Sarah was in the office checking over the last things for the grand opening of their hotel “So Meg, we did pull it off” Sarah said and looked at her sister “But you look as tired as I feel” she kind of laughed “Well, it’s a good thing I’ve made us both an appointment with the beauty salon then” Meg said and picked her purse up “We’ve got everything under control with three hours to spare” Sarah picked her purse up as well “It’s quite amazing that everything’s gone so smoothly today. The food and drink are all in order, the staff’s prepared. So… big sis, take me out of here” they both left.

“Where have you been?” Derek asked his brother as he met him outside Ben’s house “The house looked empty last night and since I’ve not seen much of my wife this past week I know you’ve not seen Meg either” he grinned “Well believe it or not but I’ve been to Kansas” Ben said and put the key in his door and opened it “Kansas?” Derek looked surprised “What did you do in Kansas?” Ben looked mysterious “That’s for me to know and you to find out later on” Derek shook his head and suddenly turned around to look at his twin “Now I know” he grinned.

Meg and Sarah arrived at the hotel about half an hour before the guests started to arrive. Both dressed up in new dresses, Sara in pale blue and Meg in pale pink, same dresses but different colors like so many times before in their lives. Meg took a big breath “Ready Sarah?” she asked “Ready Meg” Sarah answered “Then let’s get this show on the road” On the minute five o’clock Sarah and Meg opened up the doors and let the guests in. Everyone was there, especially all their new friends Casey and Rae, Vanessa and Michael, Ricardo and Gabi, Antonio. Most of the Richards family, Mark and of course Ben and Derek. Everyone wanted to talk to the sisters and congratulate them. Meg and Sarah had left some of the hotel rooms open for curious people to go in and look at. About an hour later Meg took the microphone on the stage “Everyone, may I have your attention” she said and the whole room got quiet “I’d like to start with asking all of you to try locate my sister and please bring her to me” she joked as she saw her sister trying to move her way towards the stage. “Now we can go on” Meg said as Sarah took her place next to her “Well, we’d like to thank every each and one of you that’s here today, you have all contributed to getting this place finished in time. All of our new friends who’s supported us and let us into your arms and hearts when we arrived her from Kansas” she took a step to the side “We also would love to thank everyone who’s agreed to come work with us, not for us because we plan on putting in many, many hours ourselves” Sarah said and looked at her sister “Of course we’d love to thank our parents who couldn’t be here today because it’s harvest time back in Kansas and I think especially our dad would love us to have each a pair of red shoes so we could click our heels and come back to help in a snap” All the crowd laughed “And last but not least I’d like to thank my lovely husband and my brother-in-law, who happens to be dating my sister” she looked at Meg “Without the support of you two I doubt we’d be finished by today” Meg took over “So without any further delays we will announce something that you’ve all been wondering” a woo went thru the crowd “Let the party begin at ‘Hotel Sisters of Sunset Beach’ ” everyone applauded the sisters “Enjoy your evening, there’s plenty of food and champagne to go around” Sarah added before they both left the stage. Derek and Ben both stood by the stairs and helped them both off “That was a great speech” Ben kissed Meg on the cheek “But then again we didn’t expect anything less from our favorite girls” Derek put his arms around Sarah and kissed her smack on the lips. “And I guess this also means that I finally can whisk my lovely wife off on our honeymoon” “Only if you promise to make her dreams come true” Meg pointed her finger at Derek “I promise” he pretended to look scared.

The evening went on and Meg and Sarah didn’t have many minutes alone. Around midnight most of the people had dropped off and both Meg and Sarah kicked off their shoes. They sat down at the bar “We did it, we actually did it” Meg said and smiled happily “I agree with you Meg, we actually did it” Sarah agreed just as Ben and Derek came to sit beside them. Meg reached for a glass of champagne and pushed one towards Ben and then towards Sarah and Derek too “A toast to us” Meg said and raised her glass “To Meg and Sarah” Ben and Derek toasted and they all took a sip, but Meg noticed that Sarah didn’t “Sarah, why aren’t you drinking the toast?” she asked but as she did she realized why “Oh my God Sarah, are you???” she looked at her sister who couldn’t hide her happiness “Yes I am” she nodded as Meg hugged her tightly “But what about Hawaii?” Meg asked as she knew that’s where they had planned their honeymoon “Well we’ll just have to wait with that a bit” Derek couldn’t stop smiling either and Ben got up from his stool “Congratulations to you both” he said and kissed Sarah on the cheek and patted Derek on the back “Thank you” Derek said “and Meg, I will hold my promise to make Sarah’s dreams come true. Maybe I’ll not take her to Hawaii now, but I’ll give her a honeymoon she’ll never forget and we’re leaving the day after tomorrow” Meg hugged her sister again “I’m so happy for you” “And I’m happy you’re happy I was a bit afraid to tell you” “Why?” Meg asked “Well you’re the oldest sister, you’ve been the first to do everything all our lives” Sarah explained “Well” Meg said with a glimpse in her eye “I didn’t marry first so it’s only fair you’ll have the first baby too” Meg said and yawned “Oh, I guess it’s time to get home so I can be here again in the morning to overlook things” Ben put his arm around her shoulders “Let me walk you home then” “That would be nice” Meg started towards the office to pick up her purse. She saw her laptop but decided she was too tired and if Ben stayed the night she wouldn’t get any work done anyways. “I’m ready when you are” she said and locked the door. “Then let’s leave” Ben offered her the arm like a gentleman and Meg agreed with a smile. She said good night to the staff in the reception as they walked thru the lobby.

Derek and Sarah arrived at their house just three minutes after stepping out of the hotel “I love that we live this close” Sarah said “Me too, it won’t be so far to walk to follow you home from now on” Derek said and put his arms around her from behind “I’ll do anything in the world to protect the two of you” he nuzzled her neck. Sarah turned around to face him “I know you will” they had already had the argument about Derek being overprotective “Did we do the right thing that we told Meg and Ben tonight?” she asked “Yes we did and tomorrow morning we’ll call your parents to tell them the good news” Derek took her hand and led her up the stairs.

Meg put the key in her front door and turned towards Ben “Thank you for walking me home” she looked at him “There’s no need to thank me” Ben said and reached behind her to open the door. He was hoping Mark had had time to arrange the things he had planned. Meg turned around to walk inside, but as she was about to reach for the light switch she saw all the candles in the room. There were also a lot of white roses in vases. “What’s this?” Meg asked as Ben closed the door behind her “This is a surprise to you” Ben swirled her around and looked her in the eyes “Although it might be a bit pale in comparing to the news Derek and Sarah told us” he took her hand and led her down the steps and towards the set up in front of the fire. He helped Meg down on the floor before he opened the champagne and sat down himself “I’d like to toast your success once again” they sipped their drinks and he looked straight into her eyes and took the glass from her hand and put it down beside his own. “Meg” Ben said “I’ve got something I’d like to…” he paused “Oh, I had this planned in detail and as I said before it feels a bit like it’s paling beside everything else that’s happened tonight” Meg smiled sweetly at him “Nothing you do is ever pale Ben, you’re so special to me” she took his hand. With his free hand Ben took out a box “You are special to me too, that’s what I told your parents too when I went to see them yesterday” Meg put a hand to her heart to stop it from beating out of her body “You went to see my parents?” she said stunned and Ben smiled at her “Well I’m an old fashioned kind of guy and couldn’t do this without their permission or well I could, but I would very much like to have their blessing” Ben rearranged so they both stood up before he went down on one knee in front of Meg “Meg Cummings, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?”
___________________________________________________________________________
All connections to Sunset Beach, any other soaps/series and real life characters are purely for your pleasure.
©tinadolphin@comhem.se 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment