Thursday, September 9, 2010

Starting over chapter 14

Chapter fourteen
There were a lot of people in the club that night that wanted to talk to Ben so he was pretty busy. Meg on the other hand sat mostly at the bar, glancing over at her sister and brother-in-law. They really looked happy together. “A penny for your thoughts” she turned around “Hi again, Gabriella was it?” she smiled “You can call me Gabby. You looked lonely up here so I thought I’d come tell you to come sit with us” Meg slid down from the stool “That sounds nice thanks” she followed her back to the table and sat down with Ricardo and Antonio. A while later Gabby lent over to Meg “You know wherever Ben is tonight he looks at you all the time” Meg blushed “No need to be embarrassed” Gabby said “It’s a lovely gesture I think” Meg didn’t know what to say. Ben walked over and sat down with them “Are you all having a good time?” he asked as he put his hand on Meg’s thigh “Sure, it’s a great party” Antonio said “It looks like the guests of honor are enjoying themselves as well” “They sure are” Ben said. “Sara really looks happy” Meg filled in “I don’t think I’ve ever seen her this happy actually” “Neither have I Derek” Ben said and looked at Meg, not minding the rest of the people around the table. “Sorry to interrupt Ben, but we don’t have any more champagne” Mark came to the table “What? Not even in the cellar?” Mark shook his head “Sorry, but as I didn’t know about this party and thought we had a good stock as we had when I ordered last week” Ben stood up and patted his shoulder “It’s not your fault Mark, not even I did know about it, I guess we’ll get some of the good wine up instead” Ben turned towards the table “Excuse me a moment” he then left. “What have you done to Evans?” Ricardo asked Meg and she looked surprised “Well he once dated our sister Maria and never did I see him look at her the way he looks at you, and I don’t think I ever saw him even hold her hand not in private nor in public” “I didn’t do a thing” Meg said “Well something happened at least” Ricardo said and yawned “Oh, sorry. It’s been a long day” Gabby patted his leg “Maybe we should go home” she suggested “Sounds like a good idea” they stood up “It was really nice to meet you Meg” Gabby said “We should me up for lunch or something one of these days” “That sounds nice” Meg agreed “I really need to meet people in this town and I guess an assistant at the police station knows a few” Gabby laughed “I sure do, and I have to add, it’s not only the criminals I meet at work” and everybody laughed. Antonio got up too “I’ll walk with you a bit” he said.

Meg went to talk a little to her sister and Derek and just a short while later she decided to go home too. It had been hectic days since she got back. At home she changed into her favorite sweatpants and a t-shirt that said the name of her university back in Kansas. Then she curled up in the sofa with a glass of wine and turned the tv on. Half an hour later there was a knock on her door. A little bit frightened she went to open the door “Who is it?” she called “It’s me, Ben” he answered and Meg opened the door “Why did you leave?” he asked softly as she let him in. “I was tired” she said and walked towards the sofa “Do you want some wine?” Ben grabbed her by the shoulder and turned her around. He pulled her close and bent down to kiss her. When they finally came up for air he looked her deep in the eyes “I’ve wanted to do that all evening, but I didn’t want to spoil the evening for Sarah and Derek” Meg didn’t respond but put her hands around his neck and pulled him down for another kiss. Ben let his hands wander down her back and under her t-shirt while Meg pulled his shirt out of his trousers. She took his hand and let him up the stairs to her bedroom, she didn’t want to wait any longer, she needed him close and she needed him now. Upstairs they undressed each other before they fell onto the bed. In silence they made love. Afterwards Ben pulled Meg into his arms and they fell asleep.

Meg didn’t wake up until the next morning and when she did Ben was standing in the room with a breakfast tray for them both “Good morning” he smiled. “Good morning” she smiled back “You’ve made breakfast” she stated “Yes, not that I had that much to work with” he said and Meg knew she didn’t have much in the fridge “I guess I need to go shopping” she sat up “But this looks and smells delicious” she said and reached for a cup of coffee. Ben sat down next to her and took a glass of orange juice since he already had had one cup of coffee while he was preparing the tray. “So what are your plans today?” he asked and Meg rolled her eyes “From now on it’s only work, never mind what day of the week it is. We have set a date for the big opening as you know” “Is there anything I can help you with?” Ben asked “Not at the moment” Meg bit into a piece of toast “But I might get back to you. This tastes really good” she smiled at him. “Just let me know when you need help and I’ll be there” Ben bent forward and kissed her “Do you mind if I borrow the shower?” Meg shook her head.

The next few days were so busy that Meg didn’t do anything but sleep at home, she didn’t even have time to see Ben and she really missed him, but as if he was telepathic he showed up in her office four days later. He stood leaning against the doorframe looking at Meg or the back of her in the office chair busy looking for a file while she was on the phone. She turned around and jumped as she saw him. She motioned for him to sit down and covered the phone “I will just be a few more minutes” Ben rested back in the chair. Finally Meg got to end the call and hung up “Hi stranger” Ben smiled at her “Hi yourself” “Pretty busy??” Ben raised an eyebrow at her. “Yeah, sorry I’ve not been in touch, but with interviews, suppliers and finishing off the renovation it’s been…” “Don’t say anymore, I know what it’s like” Ben got up and stood behind Meg to rub her shoulders “So I thought that I’d come here and whisk you off on a lunch picnic” “Ben I don’t have the time” he swirled her chair around and squatted in front of her “Meg, you need to take a break. It won’t work otherwise. You will burn yourself out before the opening’s here otherwise” Meg opened to mouth to protest but Ben put a finger on her lips “All things will be here when you’re back in an hour or two” Meg shook her head “Yes” Ben nodded “I meant, I can’t be away for two hours” Meg protested “Yes you can” Meg heard from behind and turned around to see her sister “You need to take a break, you’ve not been away from here more than to sleep and that’s barely even that” Sara said “See even your sister agrees with me” Meg sighed “I’ve got it all packed and ready in the car outside” Ben said and took her hand “You don’t have to think about anything than come with me and relax for a bit” “Come on Meg, get out of here. You can take the whole afternoon off, here’s not more job than I can handle myself today” “But…” “No buts Meg! Just go” Sarah looked at her “Ok, ok” Meg said and took her purse. Ben put his arm around her shoulders and led her outside.
___________________________________________________________________________
All connections to Sunset Beach, any other soaps/series and real life characters are purely for your pleasure.
©tinadolphin@comhem.se 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment