Thursday, October 18, 2012

Started with a chat 20



~Chapter twenty~

Back in Sunset Beach Ben and Meg went to the house to shower and change before they headed towards the party at the Deep. Ben did his best to catch up with Mark in the office and Meg was busy working in the bar. Ben finally had the time to get downstairs to the bar “Is it busy?” he asked Meg with a grin “Dah?” she answered and took the filled tray to go serve at a table. When she came back Ben caught her by the arm and pulled her in for a kiss “I love you” he said and smiled at her “I love you too Ben, but if you haven’t noticed your club is filled with a lot of people” “I know, but I still wanted a kiss from you” and he kissed her again before he let her go. Meg left with a laugh.

After closing the Deep around 2am Ben and Meg went back to the house and fell exhausted asleep. The next day was a normal day and Meg knew she was scheduled to be at the Java Web to take care of the early deliveries. When she came home in the afternoon she had to finish with the last things in the house, especially the guest room, or should she make it rooms? She texted her sister straight away; “Hiya, do I need to fix one or two rooms for you and Jude?” she got a reply back instantly “One would be fine ;)” she sighed happily “What was that about?” she looked up and saw Ben stand in the doorway leaning against the frame filling the door up “Nothing really, just texted Sarah to ask if I needed to fix up an extra guestroom” “I take it they’ll share?” Meg nodded and walked over to put her arms around him. She didn’t have any shoes on so she had to stand on her tiptoes to reach up for the kiss “What are you doing home?” she asked since she knew he had some business meeting with Gregory in the afternoon “I had to pick some files up that I had in the safe” “Do you know when you’ll be back?” she asked and Ben shrugged his shoulders “Seven or eight, then I need to be at the Deep around ten” Meg smiled at him “Ok, then I’ll fix us some dinner around eight” Ben pulled her close for another kiss “What did I do to get you in my life” “I don’t know but I’m happy you did whatever you did” Meg answered.

Ben had made some plans of his own during the morning; tonight he was going to give the ring to Meg. He had found one of her favorite rings that he knew she usually wore on her ring-finger and brought it to the jewelry’s to get the other ring fitted for size. When he arrived home from his meeting with Gregory he walked into the house from the terrace where he had put a bottle of champagne and a bowl of strawberries that he had been at the Deep to pick up on the table. “I’m home” he called to Meg and went towards the kitchen. “I didn’t hear the door” Meg said as she came to meet him and greeted him with a kiss. “I came thru the terrace-doors” Ben said “Just had to take a look at that spectacular view of ours” he smiled and took her hand “Why don’t you come with me?” he asked and Meg followed. When they arrived at the terrace Ben opened the champagne and poured them each a glass “I want to toast to us and to the life ahead in this house” he looked at her and as she sipped her drink he took out the box he had in his pocket “I’ve got something for you” he said and went down on one knee “I’ve already asked you once, but this time it’s for real. Meg Cummings, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?” he asked and opened the box. The ring inside was the most spectacularly Meg had ever seen “Oh Ben” she said and looked him in the eyes “Of course I’ll marry you” Ben took out the ring and put it on her finger “It was my mom’s” he said “I borrowed one of your other rings and had it fitted” Meg put her arms around his neck and kissed him before she took another look at the ring “Ben it’s amazing, I’m so honored you gave this to me” “You are my soul mate Meg, the only other person I’d would have given it to would have been if I’d ever had a daughter” Meg saw a tear in his eye “That can still happen” she smiled and reached for her glass. Meg couldn’t stop looking at the ring.

It wasn’t many of the guests in the night club on New Year’s Eve that missed that Ben and Meg had gotten engaged, could be the fact that Mark had announced it just before he played Ben and Meg’s favorite song ‘At Sunset Beach’. It had been a busy evening and this was the first time Ben and Meg had a chance to dance, just before the countdown for midnight.

New Year’s Day Meg woke up already around 8 am although she hadn’t been in bed until closer to 4.30. She had a lot to do as they were throwing a housewarming party that Meg now suspected would turn into an engagement party. She didn’t know if she would be angry with Mark or happy that he had made the announcement. The worst had been that Maria Ben’s ex-wife had been there, standing just a few feet away from the bar. The look Meg got from her was far from friendly. Just as Meg was to put the duvet to the side and get up she felt Ben’s arm around her waist “What’s the hurry?” he asked a bit groggily. Meg rolled over and looked at him “I’ve got a lot to do” she answered. Ben shook his head “Not just yet” his hands started wander her lovely body, his kisses hit the right spot and Meg couldn’t resist him “You drive me crazy” Meg whispered in his ear just before she nibbled on it.

When Meg finally got out of bed it was much later than she had planned, but making love with Ben had been just as amazing as ever. She dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt and went downstairs. Just as she stepped off the stairs her sister came in from the balcony “Good morning, happy new year” Sarah walked over and gave her a hug “Thank you so much for inviting us and letting us stay here” Meg smiled at her sister “There were nothing to it” she said “I love having you here, besides before we both know it it’s time for you and Jude to get to L.A” Sarah smiled at the thought. Meg walked towards the kitchen she needed something to eat before she got started with all the preparations.

“Mmm it smells lovely” Meg turned around and saw Ben standing in the doorway dressed in jeans and a blue t-shirt, how could a man always look so sexy as Ben did “It’s just coffee” she said and smiled at him “And toast” Ben added just as two pieces of bread popped up of the toaster, in two steps he was by the counter and snapped the bread just before Meg could take them “Hey, those are mine” Meg said with a laugh “You have to make your own” Ben bent his head and kissed her “Why don’t you put two new in and we’ll share” he started to butter them while they still were warm. “Ben Evans, you’re incurable” she sighed “But still you love me” Ben grinned “So, what can I help you with here today?” he asked “Not a thing Mr. Evans, if I don’t remember wrong you’ve got some inventory to do” Now it was Ben’s time to sigh “Please don’t remind me” “Of course, if you like we can change jobs, you cook and I’ll go do the inventory” Meg suggested. “As much as I love cooking I think it’s still safer that I’ll do the inventory” Ben said as he sat down on one of the stools.

Sarah and Jude left Meg alone in the house to enjoy a few hours on the beach. Meg was busy preparing food and drinks, putting some folding chairs up against the walls so people easily could grab one if they wanted to sit down. When she was almost done and ready to go shower she realized she still hadn’t put all hangings up on the walls, they stood on the floor nearby where they had talked about hanging them “Well” she sighed “I better put them in the hall closet for the time being” she started to gather them when the doorbell rang. “Give me a break” she said and then called “I’ll be right there”

Thanks to a good system on his computer the inventory didn’t take all day, Ben was just about to finish up when he thought of something, he was going to do an inventory on his own life. He opened his mail program and started a new mail to “Dorothy from Kansas”

“My dearest, I’m sitting here almost finished with the inventory of my company and thought of you. If I hadn’t met you on the net those months ago I would have been on the minus side on my personal life, now I’m in total balance, more balance than I’ve ever been. I’m so happy I met you, I’m so happy you agreed to marry me and I’m looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you. The love I feel for you is hard to put into words, but I hope I will be able to show it to you every day from now on until eternity. Yours forever, S.B”
___________________________________________________________________________
All connections to Sunset Beach and real life characters are purely for your pleasure.
©tinadolphin@comhem.se 2012-

No comments:

Post a Comment