Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Due South - Assignment Europe 07

Chapter 7 – More from the party

Everyone had been invited to seven pm so when Stine and Benton arrived shortly after five the Consulate was buzzing with last minute preparations. They couldn't help but help out a bit themselves, Turnbull was on the edge double and trippel checking everything on the list. Stine looked amazed around the big reception room and saw some instruments on the small scene "I didn't know they had arranged for a band" she looked at Ben who just smiled "It's a surprise for you" he said but didn't say that it was him and some of the guys that were to play a few songs.

Just after they had finished getting dressed people started to arrive. It was most of the staff from Stine's work, many of the policemen from the 27th, all of the Vecchio's, Stan and a few more friends. The food was great and the party mood was on top. The couple got more gifts than expected and Stine was happy they would look at another place to live the next week since all the things would look wrong in the small worn down apartment they were living in now. Suddenly Ben disappeared from her side and a few minutes later she saw him with Ray and Stan and a couple more guys on the stage. “Hello everyone” he said as he stood at the microphone with a guitar in his hand “I want to thank you all for coming and a special thank you to my boss Inspector Thatcher for throwing us this party. Now I, with the help of a few friends” he looked back at the guys “would like to sing a song for my lovely wife Stine” she stood right in front of him “I don't know how it happened really that's why I thought this song would be a good way to try and explain it. I love you Stine” he smiled at her and took the first accord of the song.


Something in the way you talk
or maybe baby, just the way you walk
has shaken all the leaves out of the trees
Something in the way you smile
teeth and lips and hair run wild, yeah
surely this has brought me to my knees

Oh Lord, I'm down -- I'm down upon my knees
yes Lord, I'm down -- I'm down upon my knees
And I don't know which way to turn
Which way to go

Chorus:
What did you do to me?
(did you do) did you do a little seance
(did you do) a black cat romance
(did you do) did you do a little sun dance
(did you do) did you do some voodoo baby (x2)

Hey, yeah, yeah, yeah
I said hey, yeah, yeah, yeah

Feels like a winds a blowin'
looks like a hurricanes comin'
and it's coming from the centre of your eyes
these eyes are deepest blue
these eyes that are so true
you got the eyes to make me cry

Oh Lord, I'm down -- I'm down upon my knees
yes Lord, I'm down -- I'm down upon my knees
and all I know is I don't know what I know

Chorus

Hush now darlin'
I don't plan to cry
I said hush now baby
That ain't my style

Look at you, God knows I do
I put it down to a thing called voodoo
I put it down to the curse of love
I put it down to fate, hey

(chorus repeat to fade)

Paul Gross and David Keeley's Voodoo
Lyrics from http://www.elyrics.net

Everyone cheered as they finished the song and someone helped Stine up on stage so she could give her husband a kiss. After a couple more songs someone started dancing music and of course it was Stine and Benton who would do the first dance. Safely in his arms she tilted her head up “Thank you for the song, I sometimes too wonder how it happened, but I'm happy it did. Jeg elsker dej” she ended in Danish.

Disclaimer/Copyright 2013 and forward: I don't own anything from the series Due South, it's just borrowed for your entertainment. This is my story though and I feel I own that.

No comments:

Post a Comment